Star Quilt

I think I’m starting to have a pretty bad track record for blogging.  I’m not sure what’s going on with me lately but my blogging brain is not functioning properly.  It could be the recent passing of my grandmother or the fact that we went home to Missouri for Christmas and our car’s engine blew up.

Yes, that’s right, my car was very very bad car over Christmas break.  It ended up in the shop in St Louis and the engine was partially rebuilt.  All seems to be fine now but it definitely put a damper on our vacation.

Any whoooo….I finally started quilting again.  I’m trying desperately to get my life back to normal {whatever that means}.  Here’s a look at my latest quilting project, the Star Quilt.

This quilt was guild challenge quilt.  I really wanted to do an all solid quilt so that’s what I did.  I used shades of green and turquoise and built my star.

I went a little crazy with feathers.  I don’t normally quilt a lot of feathers so I’m pretty happy with the end result.  Not to bad if I say so myself.

That sure is a lot of feathers!  It might qualify as feather overload.

I outlined the entire star with a row of half feathers.  I was skeptical at first, but I love them now.

I hope to finish this bad boy today.  I can’t wait to pull it off the frame and have a look at the whole quilt.  It should be pretty interesting.

Here’s hoping people in the blogging universe haven’t totally forgotten about me.  Hello.  Hello.  Anyone out there??

26 thoughts on “Star Quilt

1. 1
    Dorian says:

Your star quilt is looking lovely Vicki. Those feathers are great. Life throws those punches, you just have to roll with them. And sometimes those rolls are longer than we think. lol. Glad to see you are back on your feet enjoying quilting again.

2. 2
    KaHolly says:

Can see why it has taken you a little while to restore your mojo. You just have to go with it! You returned with a big bang! What a beautiful quilt! Your quilting is amazing.

3. 3
    Jacqueline says:

WOW I love all the feathers and your showing how you marked them in the star is great.

Thanks for sharing

4. 4
    Gene Black says:

Can you have too many feathers? Ha ha.. yours look amazing. I love the look of this quilt. Congrats on creating a beauty.

5. 5
    Needled Mom says:

Wow…the quilting is just gorgeous!!! It is a stunning quilt.

6. 6

OMG Vickie!! This is stunning…I want to get to this type of quilting myself. Don’t see it ever happening, but I am enjoying looking at yours…beautiful!!!

7. 7
    giddy99 says:

Amazing quilting! Love those colors, too!

8. 8

It’s beautiful. I can’t wait to see the finish.

9. 9
    Colleen says:

Glad to see you are back! Sorry to hear about all you troubles and hope things are starting to get better for you. Love to see all your projects. :)

10. 10
    Pat Converse says:

Oh boy, I can hardly wait to see the whole thing; I bet it’s going to look great!

pnconverse@hotmail(dot)com

11. 11
    Lori says:

glad everyone’s safe with the car blowup. Sending my sympathies. Your quilt is looking gorgeous. I love all the feathers. And the zig zags really add punch.

12. 12
    Kathy says:

So good to hear from you! You’ve had a lot going on in your life, so it’s understandable you’d be blogging less. But I haven’t forgotten about you. In fact I took a couple more steps on my Texas teardrop quilt (see, I’m late and I really have no reason for it!). I finally fused the drops to the blocks but had to stop there cuz work got in the way. But they look so pretty and I was thinking of you all the time!

13. 13
    Nancy in IN says:

I love the feathers on your quilts. It is very stunning.

14. 14

Your feathers are beautiful, a gorgeous quilt.

15. 15
    Connie says:

Your feathers are unbelievable!! Beautiful work and it is so neat to see the before and after photos!! Glad to see you back!

16. 16
    Farm Quilter says:

Welcome back! Sorry the year ended on such a sad and difficult note for you. Absolutely adore your quilting on this quilt! I am quilting a quilt for a customer right now and I will be taking inspiration from your quilting on this beauty!!

17. 17
    DJ says:

love the feathers and hope to be able to do them when I grow up. lol
    can’t wait to see it off the frame

18. 18
    Cindy says:

Obviously we’re still out here! LOVING the quilt, feathers and all. Those bright solids are right up my alley. Did you use a pattern or make your own? Inquiring minds want to know! I wouldn’t be able to do the wonderful quilting though.

19. 19
    Kaynik says:

Your quilt is stunning and I LOVE all the feathers. They work perfectly through the star. Your choice of colours is wonderful!
    I wish I had the same inspirations as you, I could never come up with something so beautiful!

Kaye

20. 20
    Ella says:

That quilt’s a stunner! Love all the feathery goodness.

21. 21
    Pam in Texas says:

It looks like you are off to a good start this year. Your quilting is beautiful.

22. 22

All those feathers paid off, it is fabulous!

23. 23
  24. 24

Love love love it. Can’t wait to see it finished. The feathers are great!
    Barb@Witsend

25. 25
    Michele says:

Of course we are out here and it is nice to see you back. So sorry about all the recent troubles. Bad, bad car! Hopefully this new year will be much better for you.

26. 26